How we operate this site
We make money on this website through arrangements with GIO and QBE:
- GIO pays us a fixed fee for an advertisement at the top of every page of the site
- QBE pays us a fee when users click on the QBE sponsored link and subsequently purchase a QBE green slip
- We do not have arrangements with the other insurers, AAMI, Allianz or NRMA.
You do not have to click on the GIO ad or the QBE sponsored link to use this service.
The calculator results page displays green slip prices for all insurers from cheapest to most expensive and contact details for each insurer.
If you click on the GIO advertisement or the QBE Buy Now button, you are taken to the insurer website. Insurers then process your green slip purchase in the usual way on their own sites. We do not process purchases nor do we accept payment for green slips.
Our commercial arrangements do not in any way affect the prices or the information we offer.
- There is no mark-up or discount on any prices in our calculator
- Our prices are the regulated prices, based on the information you enter into our calculator
- Legislation provides that no one is allowed to quote or charge anything but the regulated price
- Our prices are the same as prices offered by dealing directly with the insurers
- Nobody can offer a cheaper price.
The information we provide is factual and includes all insurers without bias or the influence of commercial arrangements.
If you have any queries or concerns about how these commercial arrangements affect our site, contact us.