What to consider before purchasing your CTP green slip
After comparing prices, consider other factors before buying your CTP green slip:
- Discounts on other products
- At-Fault Driver Cover
- 6-month CTP green slip and rego renewal
- Brand loyalty
- Access to branches for payment in person.
Discounts on other products
Two of the six insurers, GIO and NRMA Insurance, offer discounts on other products if you also hold your CTP green slip with them:
- GIO offers 10% multi-policy discounts for 3 or more eligible policies, a 10% discount off your comprehensive insurance premium if you buy online and $50 off comprehensive insurance if you hold a GIO green slip. See more.
- NRMA Insurance offers Loyalty Discounts from 5% to 12.5% on certain other insurance products if you bundle your greenslip and other products with them. You can calculate your Loyalty Discount.
At-Fault Driver Cover
Only one of the six insurers, NRMA Insurance, now offers At-Fault Driver Cover as an additional feature. Read a full explanation of At-Fault Driver Cover and insurer analysis of At-Fault Driver Cover.
6-month CTP green slip and rego renewal
For most common vehicle types, you can buy your green slip and renew your registration for 6 months rather than 12 months. You do not save money over the course of a year, but it does help with cash flow.
- If you want to renew your registration for 6 months, Service NSW lets you do it online or by phone only.
- If you renew your registration for 6 months, your green slip must also be for 6 months.
- You cannot buy a 6-month green slip for the first registration.
Find more about renewing your registration and buying a CTP green slip for 6 months.