Benefits for treatment and care beyond 5 years
CTP Care was set up to pay statutory benefits to people injured in a road accident who need treatment and care beyond 5 years.
Under the 2017 NSW CTP scheme, the CTP insurers manage all CTP claims and they pay statutory benefits for those claims. Since 1 December 2022, CTP Care has taken that role if the claimant obviously needs treatment and care benefits beyond 5 years.
- CTP Care pays statutory benefits for treatment and care only.
- Weekly payments for loss of income cease 5 years after the date of the road accident.
- CTP Care does not assess or pay any claims for damages.
If there are any outstanding damages claims, the CTP insurer continues to manage those claims.
When a claimant moves to CTP Care, the Lifetime Care and Support Authority (LCSA) becomes their insurer. The LCSA takes responsibility for paying treatment and care statutory benefits.
The LCSA also runs the Lifetime Care and Support scheme (LCS) for people who suffer lifelong serious injuries in a road accident.
CTP Care payments
CTP Care pays these kinds of costs and others:
- Medical treatment, including visits to the GP
- Pharmaceutical items
- Exercise physiology
- Travel to and from approved appointments.
Contact CTP Care on 1300 738 586 or by email.
The Fund Levy pays for CTP Care as well as the LCS.
- The levy pays for ambulance and hospital costs for all road accidents.
- It is added to the insurer’s greenslip premium.
- The amount of the levy depends on vehicle type and geographic region.