Electronic CTP greenslip notification to TfNSW
The old term eGreenslip was used because insurers usually notified Transport for NSW (TfNSW) electronically when you purchased one. Notification to TfNSW usually occurs in less than one hour from the time of purchase.
Paper copies of your greenslip are not usually required by TfNSW, even when:
- The vehicle is being transferred from interstate or imported from overseas
- Registration has expired by more than 3 months, or
- The previous registration was cancelled.
In each of those cases, even though greenslips and most blue slips are sent electronically, you still have to go to TfNSW with other required material. TfNSW full requirements are on its site.
Vehicle safety inspections, known as safety checks are also transmitted electronically to TfNSW.
The benefit of an eGreenslip and safety check is being able to register your vehicle online or by phone. You can still, if you wish, go to Service NSW or motor registry to register your vehicle.
- You can choose to renew your registration for 6 or 12 months in the case of cars and light vehicles or for 3 months in the case of trucks
- When you purchase a greenslip make sure you purchase it for the period for which you intend to renew your registration. For example, if you intend to renew your registration for 6 months, buy a green slip for 6 months, not 12 months.