Electronic CTP greenslip notification to Service NSW
The term eGreenslip is used because insurers electronically notify Service NSW when you purchase a green slip. Notification to Service NSW usually occurs in less than one hour from the time of purchase.
Paper copies of your greenslip are not usually required by Service NSW, even when:
- The vehicle is being transferred from interstate or imported from overseas
- Registration has expired by more than 3 months, or
- The previous registration was cancelled.
In each of those cases, even though greenslips and most blue slips are sent electronically, you still have to go in person to Service NSW with other required material. Service NSW shows full requirements on its site.
Vehicle safety inspections, known as safety checks are also transmitted electronically to Service NSW.
The benefit of an eGreenslip and safety check is being able to register your vehicle online or by phone. You can still go to Service NSW or motor registry to register your vehicle.
- Renew your registration for 6 or 12 months in the case of cars and light vehicles or for 3 months in the case of trucks.
- When you purchase a greenslip make sure you purchase it for the period for which you intend to renew your registration. For example, if you intend to renew your registration for 6 months, buy a green slip for 6 months.