Online CTP greenslip notification to Service NSW
The term eGreenslip is used because insurers notify Service NSW online when you buy a green slip. Online notification to Service NSW usually occurs within one hour of purchase. Green slips, vehicle safety checks (pink slips) and blue slips are sent online to Service NSW.
Service NSW does not usually require paper copies of your greenslip, even when:
- the vehicle is being transferred from interstate or imported from overseas, or
- registration has expired by more than 3 months, or
- the previous registration was cancelled.
In these cases, you still have to go in person to Service NSW with a hardcopy blue slip and other required material. Service NSW shows full requirements on its site.
Register your vehicle online
The benefit of an eGreenslip and safety check is being able to immediately register your vehicle online or by phone.
- Renew your registration for 6 or 12 months in the case of cars and light vehicles or for 3 months in the case of trucks.
- When you buy a greenslip make sure you buy it for the period for which you intend to renew your registration. For example, if you intend to renew your registration for 6 months, buy a green slip for 6 months.
You can still choose to go in person to Service NSW or motor registry to renew registration of your vehicle.