Three ways to find the cheapest CTP Green Slip price
There are three ways to compare prices from every CTP green slip insurer in NSW.
1. Use the greenslips.com.au Calculator on this site
- Your green slip purchase is usually sent online to Service NSW.
- You can renew your registration by phone, online or in person.
- More information about renewing your registration is on this site.
2. Go to Green Slip Check operated by State Insurance Regulatory Authority
The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) Green Slip Check also provides a price for each of the six greenslip insurers, based on your vehicle and details. A link to SIRA’s Green Slip Check is on this site.
Note: The greenslips.com.au Calculator and SIRA Green Slip Check give prices for common types of vehicles only. They do not give prices for trucks, buses or fleets.
3. Contact each of the six CTP insurers directly
The slowest way to compare CTP Green Slip prices is to separately contact each of the six insurers. Contact details for all insurers are on this site.
However, for trucks, buses and fleets, you have to contact each insurer directly for CTP green slip quotes.
Not everyone buying a CTP green slip bases their decision entirely on price. See other CTP green slip factors to consider.
1. How can I get a cheap green slip?
There are 3 ways to to get a cheap green slip:
- Use the greenslips.com.au Calculator.
- Go to the government’s Green Slip Price Check.
- Contact each of the 6 NSW green slip insurers.
If you own a light vehicle under 4.5 GVM, you can use the greenslips.com.au Calculator. However, owners of trucks, buses or fleets need to contact each insurer directly for quotes.
2. Why use the greenslips.com.au Calculator for prices?
3. Do green slips vary in price?
Yes, green slips vary in price so it makes sense to compare prices each time you renew registration.
4. Is CTP the same price everywhere?
Yes, CTP costs the same wherever you purchase it, as long as all the details you use are exactly the same.