greenslips calculator
greenslips calculator
rego reminder

Pensioner Concessions

Pensioner Concessions for Green Slip and Registration

In NSW your pension eligibility does not affect CTP green slip insurance prices, however it does affect your vehicle registration costs.

Green slip prices

There are no pensioner concessions available on your greenslip.

Insurers use many factors to determine green slip prices. Pension eligibility is not one of those factors. Information on setting greenslip prices is available on this website.

When purchasing your greenslip it is important to compare prices for all six green slip insurers. It is also important to ensure insurers are offering renewals based on the correct details. Factors such as your driving record, your claims history and your insurance history can all affect your greenslip price so it is important to ensure the insurers are using the latest and accurate information.

To compare prices for all six greenslip insurers, based on your vehicle and details, go to our green slip calculator.

Registration costs

NSW registration is free for eligible pensioners.

NSW stamp duty and transfer fees are not payable by certain DVA pensioners (those receiving a disability pension of 70% or higher, TPI or EDA pensioners or those assessed under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 at 50 or more impairment points).

Pension concessions apply to one vehicle per eligible pensioner.

Automatic registration renewal

If you are an eligible pensioner, entitled to free registration with no restrictions on your licence or vehicle, then your registration may be renewed automatically by the RMS. Automatic renewal occurs once the RMS receives your pink slip and confirmation of your CTP green slip purchase and provided they are received prior to registration expiry.

The RMS will check your pensioner status.

If you have an online account with the RMS you will receive an email or text message to confirm renewal of your registration. You can check the status of your registration and CTP green slip through the RMS website.

Automatic registration renewal applies to one vehicle per eligible pensioner.

Pension eligibility

To be an eligible pensioner you must hold:

  • Current Pensioner Concession Card (PCC), issued by Centrelink or the DVA showing a NSW address
  • DVA Gold Card endorsed TPI (Totally & Permanently Incapacitated)
  • DVA Gold Card endorsed EDA (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)
  • A letter or statement from the DVA stating that you receive a pension of 70% or higher or an Intermediate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment Pension or you have been assessed under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 at 50% or more impairment points
  • DVA Gold Card endorsed War Widow
  • DVA Gold Card endorsed War Widower

A concession cannot be claimed in NSW on interstate issued pensioner concession cards.