Pensioner concessions for green slip and registration
In NSW your pension eligibility does not affect CTP green slip insurance prices, but does affect your vehicle registration costs.
Green slip prices
There are no pensioner concessions available on your greenslip.
Insurers use many factors to determine green slip prices. Pension eligibility is not one of those factors. Information on setting greenslip prices is on this site.
When purchasing your greenslip it is important to compare prices for all five green slip insurers. It is also wise to ensure insurers are offering renewals based on the correct details. Factors such as your driving record, claims history and insurance history can all affect your greenslip price so it is important to check insurers are using the latest and accurate information.
To compare prices for all five greenslip insurers, based on your vehicle and details, go to our greenslips.com.au Calculator.
NSW registration is free for eligible pensioners.
NSW stamp duty and transfer fees are not payable by certain DVA pensioners (those receiving a disability pension of 70% or higher, TPI or EDA pensioners or those assessed under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 at 50 or more impairment points).
Pension concessions apply to one vehicle per eligible pensioner.
Automatic registration renewal
If you are an eligible pensioner, entitled to free registration with no restrictions on your licence or vehicle, then your registration may be renewed automatically by Transport for NSW (TfNSW). Automatic renewal occurs once TfNSW receives your pink slip and confirmation of your CTP green slip purchase and provided they are received before registration expiry.
TfNSW will check your pensioner status.
If you have an online account with Service NSW you will receive an email or text message to confirm renewal of your registration. You can check the status of your registration and CTP green slip through Service NSW.
Automatic registration renewal applies to one vehicle per eligible pensioner.
To be an eligible pensioner you must hold:
- Current Pensioner Concession Card (PCC), issued by Centrelink or the DVA showing a NSW address
- DVA Gold Card endorsed TPI (Totally & Permanently Incapacitated)
- DVA Gold Card endorsed EDA (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)
- A letter or statement from the DVA stating that you receive a pension of 70% or higher or an Intermediate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment Pension or you have been assessed under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 at 50% or more impairment points
- DVA Gold Card endorsed War Widow
- DVA Gold Card endorsed War Widower
A concession cannot be claimed in NSW on interstate-issued pensioner concession cards.