Facts about your CTP green slip
Let us separate facts from fiction when it comes to buying your CTP green slip.
1. Only six insurers are licensed to provide CTP green slips in NSW. However, these same insurers do operate under other brand names. Find contact details for the six insurers.
2. The price for an insurer’s CTP green slip must be the same regardless of where or how you buy it. If the CTP green slip price is based correctly on your vehicle and details, the price must be the same whether you buy the CTP green slip directly from an insurer, agent or broker, by phone, online or in person. State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) monitors this requirement and any breaches can be reported to SIRA.
3. Insurers adopt different pricing strategies and are more competitive for some people than they are for others. Insurers use different factors and apply different weightings to those factors to determine the price they will charge for a CTP green slip. No insurer is always the cheapest or the most expensive across all buyer profiles. It is important to compare prices for each of the six insurers. Compare prices by using the greenslips.com.au Calculator.
4. As a product, CTP green slips are identical except for At-Fault Driver Cover. The only differentiating feature, other than price, is At-Fault Driver Cover. Only NRMA Insurance offers Driver Protection Cover on top of its green slip. Inclusion of At-Fault Driver Cover is not affected by where or how you purchase your CTP green slip. Learn more about At-Fault Driver Cover and an insurer analysis.
5. All insurers notify Service NSW online when you buy your CTP green slip. Service NSW usually receives online notification from an insurer within one hour.
6. No organisation must claim to offer a CTP green slip price or product different to that available directly from the insurers.