Remembering when your registration is due can be like trying to remember your wedding anniversary. greenslips.com.au stickers can at least help you remember your rego. You need to keep your vehicle registered to remain legal – and to save the cost of starting a new registration.
There are three simple ways to remember your rego:
- Use the Service NSW free greenslip and registration check.
- Opt in for a 2-week reminder in your MyServiceNSW account.
- Order some registration reminder stickers from greenslips.com.au
- When you have used the greenslips.com.au calculator, ask us to remind you.
Service NSW provides a free greenslip and registration check service. There are a few good reasons for getting a registration check, for example you:
- Need the name of your greenslip insurer, eg, to ask a question or update your details.
- Have to know the insurer of a car involved in an accident if you want to make a claim.
- Want to buy a used car and find out its registration status to see whether it’s the right price.
All you need is the plate number of the vehicle and the check service will show you:
- Greenslip insurer
- Expiry date of greenslip
- Registration expiry date
- Status (current, suspended or cancelled registration)
- Restrictions on registration (renewal or transfer)
- Any concessions.
Remember, this service won’t provide the name or address of the registered owner and works only for vehicles currently registered in NSW. You can’t use this service once registration is cancelled.
Service NSW posts out a Registration Renewal Notice 6 weeks before rego is due. If this is not enough – too early perhaps – you can opt in for a 2-week reminder in your MyServiceNSW account.
To receive a your Registration Renewal Notice, keep your contact details up to date. If you’ve moved recently, you have only 14 days to notify your change of address. You can do this online or by calling 13 22 13.
greenslips.com.au introduced rego reminder stickers in 2018. When paper registration stickers were abolished in 2013, many people missed having a reminder on their windscreen. Our rego reminder stickers are a simple way to remember.
If you would like to receive one sticker or more to remind you when your rego is due, send us your address and we will send you a sticker.
- Our sticker is designed for your windscreen but also fits on noticeboards, filing cabinets or on your fridge.
- Our sticker is easy to apply and remove.
- You can order as many as you like.
Have you ever wondered how registration and licensing works in NSW? Do you know how to choose a registration period? Do you know how to transfer registration? These are all good questions you ask that greenslips.com.au will answer.
This is the fourth article in our 6-part series, How registration works in NSW.